Under SFURTI project at Lakhimpur District Assam
Gorchiga Traditional Handloom Cluster at Gelahati under Nowboicha block in District of North Lakhimpur in upper Assam was sanctioned during the 33rd Meeting of SSC – on 16th March 2020 under the project Scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries (SFURTI) is an initiative by Ministry of MSME to promote Cluster development.
To implement the project Women Development Centre, Guwahati was selected as the Implementing Agency (IA), Export Promotion Council of Handicrafts (EPCH) as the Technical Agency (TA) & Indian
Institute of Entrepreneurship (IIE) as Nodal Agency (NA)
Objectives of Gorchiga Traditional Handloom Cluster, Lakhimpur under SFURTI scheme
Focus on formation of Eri-grower, Eri spinners weavers as a visible entity.
- Development of the handloom weavers’ groups to become – self-sustainable.
- An inclusive approach to cover Eri growers, weavers both within the and outside the co-operative fold.
- Skill upgradation of Eri-grower, Eri-spinner, and weavers to produce a diversified product with improved quality to meet the market requirements.
- Holistic and flexible intervention to provide need-based inputs to the specific cluster.
- Market orientation by associating entrepreneurs and Professionals marketing designing and managing the production.
- Facilitate Process of credit from financial institution / Banks.
|Name of the Cluster||Gorchiga Traditional Handloom Cluster|
|Location||Gelahati, Nowboicha Block in North Lakhimpur District in upper Assam|
|Number of Artisans||550|
|Number of villages covered||10 villages|
|Percentage of female Artisans||100% Female Artisans (500)|
|Activity of clusters||Traditional Handloom Cluster|
|Products||Stoles, Cushion Covers, Table Runner, Plate mate, Tribal Bags, Waist Coats, Traditional dresses of Assamese, Mising & Advisees, Traditional Gamosa, Kurtis, tops etc.|
Golden Fingers Farmer Producer Company Limited (GFFPCL) is the Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) which is registered under company act 2013. The purpose of the SPV is to take the artisans to the next level in becoming entrepreneurs in accessing market nationally & internationally.